As a business owner you have more important things to do than to keep your own books. Jeanine can take care of your books for you. You can get back to the job of running your business and generating profits.
Each month or quarter Jeanine could do the following things for you...
- Generate an income statement
- Generate a balance sheet
- Clean up your general ledger
- Provide unlimited 15-minute consultations
These tasks form the solid foundation of your business accounting system. You can customize the package of services you receive by adding any or all of the following:
receivables / client billing,
payables / vendor payments,
fixed asset management,
or any of our other services.
Click on online accounting Services brochure: link here
Current clients please schedule a 15-minute phone call from Jeanine at https://remotebusinesssolutionsinc.org/Appointments.php. Jeanine will call you at the time and date arranged to discuss your needs and concerns. If appropriate and requested, you will receive a follow-up engagement proposal with your pricing options.
Reconciling your business checking account each month allows us to keep your bank account, accounting, and taxes up-to-date. We will be glad to teach you how to reconcile your bank statements using the easy tool found on your QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Desktop software system.
We encourage you to reconcile your own bank statements with your QuickBooks software product for two important reasons:
1) You maintain control of your own finincial situation,
2) You are assured that your bank has sent Intuit QuickBooks the complete transaction history of your accounts each month,
3) You provide a separation of duties (a great control procedure) between you watching your financial transactions and the accountant managing the correct coding of each transaction to the correct financial report (balance sheet, profit & loss statement, cash flow statement, and other reports). If you or someone in your office cannot reconcile your bank statements with your accounting system, then you always have the option of engaging our company to reconcile your bank accounts with your accounting system.
Reconciling your account each month allows you to...
- Identify lost checks, lost deposits and unauthorized wire transactions.
- Detect and prevent excess/unjustified bank charges and ensures transactions are posted correctly by your bank.
- Detect and prevent embezzlement of funds from within your company.
- Know how your business is doing? You can't really know unless all accounts are reconciled and properly accounted for on your financial statement.
- Manage your cash more effectively. Proper management of funds not only saves money, it makes money for you.
- Protect yourself. By timely reconciling and promptly objecting to your bank about any unauthorized, fraudulent or forged checks presented to your bank and paid by that bank, you can relieve your agency of responsibility for the shortfall and transfer the risk to the bank. This reason to reconcile alone should be enough. Crime exists.
- Sleep Better. You will sleep more peacefully at night knowing your bank accounts are reconciled, in balance and that all escrow funds, accounts, checks and disbursed funds are properly accounted for.
Current clients please schedule a 15-minute phone call appointment to receive a free lesson on how to use your bank reconciliation tool on your QuickBooks software to reconcile your monthly bank statements with your accounting system. You may have a review or additional help with the tool during a follow-up session if anything is not clear to you. This important monthly process will bring you "peace of mind". It will empower you to know your financial reports are always complete and informative for your management decisions.
An income statement, otherwise known as a profit and loss statement, basically adds an itemized list of all your revenues and subtracts an itemized list of all your expenses to come up with a profit or loss for the period.
An income statement allows you to...
- Track revenues and expenses so that you can determine the operating performance of your business.
- Determine what areas of your business are over-budget or under-budget.
- Identify specific items that are causing unexpected expenditures. Like phone, fax, mail, or supply expenses.
- Track dramatic increases in product returns or cost of goods sold as a percentage of sales.
- Determine your income tax liability.
A balance sheet gives you a snapshot of your business' financial condition at a specific moment in time.
A balance sheet helps you:
- quickly get a handle on the financial strength and capabilities of your business
- identify and analyze trends, particularly in the area of receivables and payables. For example, if your receivables cycle is lengthening, maybe you can collect your receivables more aggressively
- determine if your business is in a position to expand
- determine if your business can easily handle the normal financial ebbs and flows of revenues and expenses
- determine if you need to take immediate steps to bolster cash reserves
- determine if your business has been slowing down payables to forestall an inevitable cash shortage
Balance sheets, along with income statements, are the most basic elements in providing financial reporting to potential lenders such as banks, investors, and vendors who are considering how much credit to grant you.
Engaging Jeanine and her network associates to set-up and manage your online accounting system will give you access to important financial reports following each month of posted transactions. Jeanine will gladly review financial reports with active clients two to three months after each month. She will also be glad to teach clients how to read and understand their financial reports, and how to order them on their own, upon request. Please use the Appointments page at https://remotebusinesssolutionsinc.org/Appointments.php to schedule a 15-minute telephone appointment for financial report reviews including your questions and concerns.
The general ledger is the core of your company's financial records. These records constitute the central "books" of your system. Since every transaction flows through the general ledger, a problem with your general ledger throws off all your books.
We recommend that clients engage Jeanine to set-up an online system for you with your bank accounts and credit cards downloading the monthly transactions to your accounting system review box. Jeanine can then confirm that each transaction is coded correctly to the appropriate financial report area of your general ledger. This ensures that your balance sheet and profit & loss sheet, with any supplementary reports needed, are as complete as possible by two to three weeks after each month of posting.
Having Jeanine review your general ledger system each month allows us to hunt down any discrepancies such as double billings or any unrecorded payments. Then we'll fix the discrepancies so your books are always accurate and kept in tip top shape.
If you prefer to do your own accounting, or to have someone in your office do so, and need help learning the accounting and the online or desktop protocols of journalizing, then -
you may engage Jeanine for private hourly instructon of one to two participants, or
you may arrange for a class for three or more participants.
Your classes will be customized to the knowledge level of your participants. They will include both the accounting principles and the software procedures of recording financial transactions. If desired, clients may obtain instruction in the entire accounting cycle, generally accepted accounting principles, and basics of how to set-up and/or manage your accounting system on your own.
Please schedule a 15-minute phone call at https://remotebusinesssolutionsinc.org/Appointments.php to discuss your needs and concerns. If appropriate and requested, an engagement proposal with pricing will follow.
Jeanine is always available by appointment at https://remotebusinesssolutionsinc.org/Appointments.php to spend time with you so you fully understand how to interpret and utilize the financial information we provide. Jeanine's consultations are already included in our contract prices, so current clients please schedule an appointment whenever you have a question or concern. Jeanine will call you at the time and date arranged on the online scheduler.