Support you Deserve

We offer a broad range of services to help you secure a sound financial future. You've worked hard to get where you are. You deserve a firm that works hard for you.

Business Tax Services

Jeanine can help you with your tax compliance including researching your requirements, preparing and reviewing tax returns, and representing you in IRS or state/local proceedings.  She can help with:

1) employment and payroll taxes,

2) income taxes,

3) sales & use taxes,

4) excise taxes, and

5) property taxes.




The form of business you operate determines what taxes you must pay and how you pay them. The following are the five general types of business taxes.

Income Tax

All businesses except partnerships must file an annual income tax return. 

Partnerships file an information return.     

The form you use depends on how your business is organized. Refer to Business Structures to find out which returns you must file based on the business entity established.

The federal income tax is a pay-as-you-go tax. You must pay the tax as you earn or receive income during the year. An employee usually has income tax withheld from his or her pay. If you do not pay your tax through withholding, or do not pay enough tax that way, you might have to pay estimated tax. If you are not required to make estimated tax payments, you may pay any tax due when you file your return. For additional information refer to Publication 583.

Estimated tax

Generally, you must pay taxes on income, including self-employment tax (discussed next), by making regular payments of estimated tax during the year. For additional information, refer to Estimated Taxes

Self-Employment Tax

Self-employment tax (SE tax) is a social security and Medicare tax primarily for individuals who work for themselves. Your payments of SE tax contribute to your coverage under the social security system. Social security coverage provides you with retirement benefits, disability benefits, survivor benefits, and hospital insurance (Medicare) benefits.

Generally, you must pay SE tax and file Schedule SE (Form 1040) if either of the following applies.

  • If your net earnings from self-employment were $400 or more.
  • If you work for a church or a qualified church-controlled organization (other than as a minister or member of a religious order) that elected an exemption from social security and Medicare taxes, you are subject to SE tax if you receive $108.28 or more in wages from the church or organization.

Note: There are special rules and exceptions for aliens, fishing crew members, notary public, state or local government employees, foreign government or international organization employees, etc. For additional information, refer to Self-Employment Tax.

Employment Taxes

When you have employees, you as the employer have certain employment tax responsibilities that you must pay and forms you must file. Employment taxes include the following:

  • Social security and Medicare taxes
  • Federal income tax withholding
  • Federal unemployment (FUTA) tax

For additional information, refer to Employment Taxes for Small Businesses.

Excise Tax

This section describes the excise taxes you may have to pay and the forms you have to file if you do any of the following.

  • Manufacture or sell certain products.
  • Operate certain kinds of businesses.
  • Use various kinds of equipment, facilities, or products.
  • Receive payment for certain services.

Form 720 - The federal excise taxes reported on Form 720, consist of several broad categories of taxes, including the following.

  • Environmental taxes.
  • Communications and air transportation taxes.
  • Fuel taxes.
  • Tax on the first retail sale of heavy trucks, trailers, and tractors.
  • Manufacturers taxes on the sale or use of a variety of different articles

Form 2290 - There is a federal excise tax on certain trucks, truck tractors, and buses used on public highways. The tax applies to vehicles having a taxable gross weight of 55,000 pounds or more. Report the tax on Form 2290. For additional information, see the instructions for Form 2290 .

Form 730 - If you are in the business of accepting wagers or conducting a wagering pool or lottery, you may be liable for the federal excise tax on wagering. Use Form 730, to figure the tax on the wagers you receive.

Form 11-C - Use Form 11-C, Occupational Tax and Registration Return for Wagering, to register for any wagering activity and to pay the federal occupational tax on wagering.

Excise tax has several general excise tax programs. One of the major components of the excise program is motor fuel. For additional information, refer to Excise Taxes.

Sales & Use Taxes

Sales taxes are collected by business owners who sell products to their clients.  Sales tax returns are generally due monthly.  States, counties, and localities vary on their tax rates so owners should determine with their tax accountants where their businesses have nexus, and make sure they have the required tax licenses, and that they file the required sales tax returns when due.

Use taxes are imposed on businesses who provide services and other businesses who use products for internal use in their businesses.  If businesses pay the sales tax within their own locality, and keep their purchase receipts, then they do not need to report these transactions on their annual use tax returns.  Any purchases of goods to use internally in a business, must be either paid for at the point of sale with receipts retained, or reported on the sales tax return at the wholesale pricing or the pricing of the locality (ieas) outside of the business location.  If businesses have paid for items outside of their business area, and sales tax rates are cheaper than in their business location locality, then they should pay the difference up to the sales tax rate of their locality when reporting on the sales tax return.  The same sales tax rates as used on sales tax returns will be used on use tax returns.   States, counties, and localities vary on their tax rates so owners should determine with their tax accountants where their businesses have nexus, and make sure they have the required tax licenses, and that they file the required sales tax returns when due.

Download a free sales tax table from reputed company Avalara - they update it monthly at and we highly recommend them as great vendors if you do a lot of sales tax reporting.

Jeanine is an Enrolled Agent (EA), federally licensed by the US Department of the Treasury, to represent taxpayers in Internal Revenue Service proceedings.  Her licensing required passing a 15 1/2 hour test over the US Tax Code including income taxation, employment taxation, IRS procedures, and ethics.  Jeanine completed annual multiple hours of continued professional education classes to maintain her license and improve her practice.

Businesses normally must pay estimated tax payments in addition to filing tax returns.  Jeanine can assist businesses and owners in preparing and/or reviewing the required tax returns by on or before the filing due dates.  She and her workers can calculate or assist in determining the appropriate amount of estimated taxes due by specified payment due dates.

What Others Say

View Our Client Reviews