Jeanine offers tax analyst assistance to other accountants. Her federal Enrolled Agent License form the US Department of Treasury and Masters of Taxation Degree in Accounting includes tax compliance traininng in multiple tax types. She can assist with tax research, analysis, and writing. Tax preparation/review, taxpayer representation with your teams may be arranged for projects and ongoing part-time work.
CLICK ON LINK FOR TAX SERVICES BROCHURE: INSERT LINK HERE
Any tax litigation or other tax paralegal work requires the direct supervision of an attorney at your corporation or accounting firm. "A tax paralegal is someone who works on tax law matters under the supervision of licensed attorneys in a law-related setting or law office. Tax paralegals do not practice law, as they are not licensed attorneys, but they help in many aspects of tax law matters, including helping prepare memos for clients on federal and state tax laws and rules. Tax paralegals are sometimes called tax legal assistants."
The candidate provides support to in-house tax counsel by performing research, drafting legal documents and business communications for review and maintaining corporate legal entity database. Analyzes laws, documents and files. Organizes, analyzes, and tracks department records, due diligence, and project files. Drafts, reviews, and edits forms and documents for accuracy. Organizes and maintains internal and external databases. Assists in filing appropriate regulatory filings. Conducts research on a variety of topics. Interfaces with internal groups and outside counsel to provide corporation information and general corporate assistance. Responsible for document retention practices according to retention policy. Assists with the development of processes to maximize efficiency. Supports special projects as assigned. Associate's degree is required. Bachelor's degree is preferred. Must have 5 years of experience in a law firm or corporate legal department. Should be proficient with MS Office products.
The candidate would have legal qualification - LLB, LPC graduates; extensive legal administration experience; knowledge of some trust, tax and investment procedures; good standard of numeracy and IT literate; exceptional communicational skills; be dependable; take responsibility; be organized; work well in a team; be logical; pay excellent attention to detail.
The candidate will be interested in working across corporate and finance deals on multi- jurisdictional commercial taxation issues. Should have top academics and a grounding form a top tier UK taxation team. Must have 0-3 years of pqe.
The candidate will be responsible for coordinating agreement approvals, tracking documents and general document management, locating and updating contract related information, maintaining and producing status reports for various projects and documents, maintaining catalog of contract forms on SharePoint, and assisting with other administrative contract matters with legal and the business groups. Bachelor's degree is required. Paralegal certificate is preferred. Prior in-house legal experience a plus. Should preferably also have 2+ years of experience as a contracts manager or paralegal. Knowledge of MS Word and Excel essential. General comfort with learning new programs and software a must. Experience creating scalable processes and workflows is needed. Knowledge of maintaining documents on SharePoint preferred.
The candidate responsibilities will includes: Prepares individual and fiduciary income tax returns, gift tax returns and estate tax returns; Prepares probate and administration proceedings, accounting proceedings (judicial and non- judicial) and other court filings; Assists in the transfer of assets from decedent's or individuals' name to Estate or Trust (including the preparation of deeds and related tax filing); Assists in preparing, retaining, and organizing legal documents, agreements, pleadings and accountings related to trust and estate administration; Performs legal support work following detailed instructions pertaining to administration of tax returns and the administration of trusts and estates. Provides factual research, document analysis and organization, and drafts pleadings. Indexes trust and estate administration documentation and enters data into client files. Meets with clients as needed. Tracks billable time and enters it into the DTE system. Presents information effectively to lawyers and clients and responds to questions. Resolves routine legal questions under the direction of a lawyer. The above items represent major responsibilities of this position. Additional responsibilities may be included in order to respond to a changing environment and the Firm's needs. In-depth understanding of estate tax/fiduciary tax/gift tax and estate administration. Familiarity with trust and estate accountings. Familiarity with probate and administration proceedings and procedures. Ability to deal professionally and communicate clearly and concisely with both internal and external clients on all levels. Proficiency with Word and Excel as well as accounting and tax return preparation programs. Proven analytical and mathematical skills. Ability to maintain confidences as well as build confidences and trust with lawyers, peers and clients. Ability to independently organize large amounts of data, both hard copy and electronic, into an easily retrievable system. Ability to be flexible, handle pressure and adapt to changing work priorities, work flow and work assignments. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision to meet deadlines and productivity standards. Ability to travel up to six times per month to various client locations. Ability to move files weighing up to 25 pounds. Requires the ability to regularly report to work on the days and times scheduled. Should have Paralegal certificate, a 4 year degree and/or 2 years of Paralegal experience. 5+ years of estate planning/tax experience in a law firm, trust department, or accounting firm required. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Notary License.
The candidate will manage assigned cases and related tasks and projects. Will perform full range of paralegal tasks from case inception through discovery, trial, post-trial proceedings and case closure. Assist attorneys in ensuring that all documentation associated with a case, such as correspondence, pleadings, briefs, document productions, research files, e-mails, etc., is filed as appropriate. Assist with management and maintenance of State and Local Tax department docket. Prepare and distribute daily CCH and State Tax Today reports. Prepare pro hac vice admission motions and powers of attorney; maintain department chart of pro hac admissions. Responsible for maintaining workrooms, case rooms and more. Assist in responding to discovery requests. Perform document review and organization. Prepare and coordinate document productions. Prepare witness files. Select and assemble deposition exhibits. Responsible for reproduction of exhibits. Coordinate preparation, filing and service of motion papers (manual and electronic). Assist attorneys with factual research. Cite check, Shepardize and proofread briefs. Assist with compilation and/or preparation exhibits and appendices. Assist in selecting and assembling potential trial exhibits. Assist in preparation of charts, graphs and other demonstrative evidence. Assist in preparing pre and post trial motions and briefs, including cite checking, Shepardizing and compiling appendices. Provide support during trial as needed. Summarize/index trial transcripts as requested. Assist in post-trial activities as needed. Research, Monitoring and Factual Analysis; Professional Development and Administrative Duties as assigned. Should have BA/BS with strong academic record. 3+ years of experience as a litigation paralegal in a large to mid-sized law firm preferred. Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint is required. LEXIS and Westlaw, citechecking and bluebooking experience is required.
The candidate must have an ABA Certificate and 5+ years of Law Firm experience. Should have thorough knowledge of Word, WordPerfect, e-filing, Excel and Juris. Will work with several Attorneys in a fast paced environment. Must have extensive knowledge of Texas Civil rules of Procedure, Federal rules of Civil Procedure, Rules of evidence and Texas Rules of Court (local). Must also have heavy docketing experience."
Dear Law Firm or Corporate Legal Department:
Jeanine offers to law firms and legal departments focused on tax practices:
You may get dedicated and detail-oriented help to benefit your firm or department with:
Tax Analysis, Research, and Writing
- Research tax matters and provide support to Tax Managers.
- Ability to identify and research complex tax issues /critical thinker.
- Legal research and writing, document review and analysis.
- Working closely and directly with attorneys and clients during all phases of transaction or case analysis.
- Ability to multitask using analytical and problem-solving skills within a fast-paced environment with competing demands.
- Demonstrate flexibility regarding client and legal team requests.
- Provide information to Accounting team related to tax reporting and tax accounting, including analysis of uncertain tax positions, deferred tax positions, return-to-provision adjustments, etc.
- Assist with the research and analysis of new or revised tax laws and regulatory pronouncements and the potential impact on the client company.
- Assist with tax audits and prepare responses to tax notices.
- Assist with calculations for quarterly and year-end tax provision.
- Partner with outside tax consultants on various projects, as assigned.
- Collaborate with accounting, legal and other corporate departments (US and non-US) to accomplish assigned objectives.
- Identify and communicate accounting matters to other engagement team members.
- Assisting with financing transactions, business transactions and real estate transactions.
- Consulting – helping clients get clear on their situations and making proactive choices where tax laws allow planning options.
- Work on special projects and tax planning as needed.
- Assist in meeting federal and state compliance obligations in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with applicable tax legislation and practices.
- Preparing documents/forms necessary to comply with federal, state and local regulations in the conduct of business activities.
- Preparing and maintaining corporate books and records in all aspects of business formation, maintenance and termination.
- Reviewing and managing all transactional and corporate governance documents.
- Helping sort through the paperwork, forms, and rules, and get and stay in compliance with the IRS.
- Finance and accounting with financial statements utilizing Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and designing systems with US Tax Code (USTC) and other sources of tax law as reference for design and management.
- nagCorporate Tax Compliance, Tax Provisions, Basic to Intermediate Microsoft Excel, Domestic Tax, and Basic Knowledge of International Tax.
Tax Preparation / Review
- U.S. Tax Returns - We prepare your U.S. income tax return, including the most common schedules and forms.
- State Tax Returns filing depending on which state clients most recently lived inn.
- Small Business Tax Returns assistance for small business owners, self-employed individuals, or folks with significant rental property with their returns.
- Online Filing using highly secure, fully encrypted Client Portal that enables the quick, free, and safe transfer of files between our office or yours and the clients .
- Foreign Bank Account Reporting filing the FBAR form for individuals who had above a certain threshold in a foreign account.
- Working knowledge of entity and personal income tax returns such as Form 1120, 1120-S, 1065, 1040 with Schedule C and SE (Schedule E, F, and D, etc.), 1041, 760, 790, 990, etc.
- Preparation of employment tax returns such as Forms 941, 943, 940, CO UITR-1, W-2, 1099, etc.
- Preparation of federal, state, and local income tax returns.
- Assist with the preparation of sales/use tax returns.
- Extensive knowledge of C-corp corporate tax returns, and S-corp and partnership tax compliance (Form 1120-S or Form 1065, Schedule K-1, allocations, etc.)
- Ability to identify US reporting obligations for foreign entities.
Payroll and Human Resource Compliance
Tax Preparation / Review
- Review timesheets and attendance records and correct inaccuracies and oversee payroll transactions and contractor accounts payable.
- Conduct regular audits of payroll procedures and records, and human resources procedures and records for tax and labor law compliance.
- Report to management on payroll issues, payroll tax issues, and labor law issues.
- Taxpayer Representaton / Advisory under the Direct Supervision of your Tax Manager.
- Take care of all audit correspondence and make sure that clients take the steps needed to minimize tax liability.
- Make sure that clients take the steps needed to minimize their tax liability.
- Handle all discussions with auditors to reduce the risk of additional liability.
- Appeal an audit or other IRS proceeding decision, if necessary
- Indexing, tracking, and controlling case related materials...
- Excellent time management skills and focus on-time delivery of quality work.
- Indexing, tracking, and controlling case related materials.
- Excellent time management skills and focus on on-time delivery of quality work.
- Team support of client IRS Payment Plans, Extension of Time to Pay Taxes, IRS Liens, Offers in Compromise (OIC), Wage Garnishment, RS Seizures, Non-Filed Tax Returns, Payroll Tax Problems, Tax Audit Representation, and other Internal Revenue Service (IRS) hearings and proceedings.
- Hard-working, team-player, who can manage both working with a large team with multiple
Ongoing projects or funds and working independently.
Tax Litigation Assistance
- Compiling, preparing, and summarizing relevant materials for use by attorneys in discovery.
- Provide assistance with all court filings, including understanding and executing on local rules, court and judge's procedures and processes, by jurisdiction.
- Summarizing depositions and other transcripts; maintaining case files; tracking and controlling document discovery (including documents produced and received in discovery).
- Indexing, tracking, and controlling exhibits and other materials at depositions and at trial.
- Reviewing documents for relevance and privilege according to established guidelines and criteria.
- Tax analyst assistance for tax attorneys working with Bankruptcy, Estate & Trust Tax Services, Estate Planning, Tax Planning, and/or IRS Audit Proceedings.
- Familiarity with financial services and securities litigation issues.
- Supporting attorneys during trial, including assistance with creation of demonstratives and courtroom presentation/support.
My schedule is full through April 16, 2020 with a full-time project contract during the daytime hours, but I have some current part-time availability in the evenings and on weekends. I am available for part-time and full-time flex schedules between April 17 and December 20, 2020 with long-term contract and/or employment options available. A resume is attached for your reference and review. Please contact me if you want to discuss your needs and concerns.
Service areas generally include Westminster, CO, Broomfield, CO, and Boulder, CO, from 8a to 6p Mountain Time, and remote areas of all USA states and localities from 6a to 3p Eastern Time. Hourly, commission, and/or annual requirements which may include benefits are available with negotiated contracts and within the ranges shown on my resume. There are generally daytime remote interview openings of 15 minutes and evening remote or face-to-face interview openings at https://www.remotebusinesssolutionsinc.org/Appointments%20Automated%20Scheduler.php for discussion of client/employer needs and concerns. I can receive messages at 303-900-7265 (voice-mail), 303-619-8900 (text), and email@example.com (e-mail). I look forward to hearing from you and learning about your tax law and finance needs.
Jeanine Buben (Buben-Croy), MT, EA
Tax Analyst and Enrolled Agent
Remote Business Solutions, Inc.